25 Brilliant Ideas For Your Dissertation On Football
Football is the most watched sport around the world and throws up many talking points on a weekly basis. Therefore, it can be an excellent topic to write about for a dissertation, particularly if your dissertation needs to be written for a subject related to sports. However, you may also wish to consider writing a dissertation about football when studying economics or a wide range of other subjects, seeing as you can look at the financial aspect of the game, and a range of other off-field matters.
To give you some ideas what to write about, there are 25 ideas listed below.
- An analysis of the increase in play wages the past decade
- What impact have television rights had on individual leagues around the world?
- Can money buy success?
- How have training techniques developed over the past two decades?
- Compare and contrast football players now and from 50 years ago
- To what extent has taking off in the United States?
- Analyze the commercial sponsorship deals associated football’s biggest stars and how this influences transfer fees and play wages
- What are the health and safety implications of heading a football repeatedly throughout a career?
- Are goalkeepers and underrated part of a football team?
- To what extent are the allegations of corruption directed at FIFA true?
- To what extent do football crowds influence the referee?
- Analyze the globalization of football over the past two decades?
- Analyze the transfer fees paid by the English and Spanish leagues over the past decade
- To what extent does football bring communities together, and should more be done by government bodies to make the sport more inclusive in the local area?
- Do governments do enough to ensure that football receives adequate funding at grassroots level?
- Should the weakest international teams compete in their own many group or groups when it comes to qualify in for major tournaments, before they enter the main qualification stages?
- An analysis of sponsorship deals in coordination with the World Cup
- An analysis of the MLS and its growth over the past two decades
- Compare and contrast the growth of football leagues in China and India with that of the MLS in recent years
- An analysis of the correlation between transfer fees paid by clubs and the success those clubs have
- An analysis of the correlation between wage bills and league position for football clubs in the Premier League
- An analysis of transfer records over the past century in comparison with the average wage at that time
- Outline and discuss the use of technology in football, and how it can be used to minimize the mistakes made by referees
- An analysis of the allowance of injury time in football games and whether or not bigger games or home teams gain an advantage from the referee
- An analysis of the age the oldest retire over the past half a century